The Museum of Childhood Ireland Project
Dia daoibh from all of us here at the Museum of Childhood Ireland, Músaem Óige na hÉireann, Project Group, working in a voluntary capacity to bring you Ireland’s first Island-wide / diaspora / global, social history Museum of Childhood.
With research at its heart, the museum is built on five pillars: History, Culture, Heritage, Children’s Rights and Education.
We aim for a small carefully-curated permanent collection, plentiful Handling Collections, and a focus on frequent ‘highlight’ exhibitions at the museum, and travelling / touring exhibitions around Ireland/ abroad. Permanent and Temporary exhibitions will be interactive, engaging and suitable for all age groups. As all of our history around childhood will be researched and presented, special sensitivity will be shown around our / global difficult childhood history, with different pathways / restricted access in the museum. We are continuing our work on delivery design within and without the museum. How the museum functions within the community is vitally important to us, as is ensuring that the voice of the child is present from Planning through Implementation to Open Museum.
Facebook: The Museum of Childhood Ireland Project
Our Board and Project Group are:
- Ruthanne Baxter, Museum Lead
- Dr Sarah Anne Buckley, History Lead
- Lisa Burke, Grant Writer
- Dr Fiona Donson, Children’s Rights Lead
- Basak Ellibes, Curator / Exhibitions / Displays Lead
- Grace Kelley Fitzgerald, Children’s Lit, Fundraising Lead
- Dr Fiona Hickey, Finance, Board Treasurer
- Dr Sheila Long, Children’s Rights
- Séamus Lynam, Museums
- Maggie Masterson, Children’s Lit, Board Secretary
- Majella McAllister, Founder, Board Chairperson
- Dr Richard McElligott, History
- Caron McKinney, TBA…
- Dr Cormac Moore, History
- Áine Mulloy, Strategy and Project Management
- Alannah Murray, Event Management
- Professor Mary O’Dowd, History
- Victoria Pearson, History
- Gabriela Martinez Sainz, Children’s Rights
- Fiona Smyth, PR / Media
- Annika Stendebach, History
- Ekaterina Tichoniouk, Playful City Design/ Research/ Architecture, Social Media and Vice Chairperson
- Brigid Timmons, Exhibitions/ Displays/ Publications
- Dr Pat Donlon
- Dr Marnie Hay
- Dr Emma O’Toole
- Warren McAllister
We are building our Education Team at present. Please get in touch.
We are also building our Children’s Board panel. Please get in touch.
We continue to to expand our Diaspora teams:
- San Francisco
- New York
- Frankfurt, Germany
Please get in touch.