Piggybank at 94 Lower George’s St., Dún Laoghaire is our fundraising shop for the project. (Clothing / jewelry / shoes / bags / games / bric-a-brac / DVDs downstairs and bookshop upstairs.) It has provided ALL of the funding for the project to date. Thank you.
We can never have too many volunteers, so please feel free to contact us if you have a few hours to spare each week! Also, if you have items suitable for donation, we would be very grateful to receive them.
Piggybank is also our museum office and workshop facility (upstairs bookshop). We facilitate/ host FREE clubs for teenagers, aged 13-17 years as follows:
- Monday: Foróige (LGBT Youth club)
- Tuesday: Prismdlr (Autism spectrum support)
- Wednesday: Fighting Words, Write Club (Creative writing in English)
- Thursday: Tinterach (Creativity/ conversation through medium of Irish)
- Friday: Talks by MOCH Board, Authors, guests, on Childhood themes
- Saturday: Borough on Board.(A classic board game club for families is in development stage)
- Sunday: The Teen Songwriters collective