Join the Museum of Childhood Ireland’s Children’s Advisory Team
Help us make sure that the views, ideas and interests of children and young people have top priority in the development, programming and organisation of our Museum.
We are looking for young people aged 10-17 anywhere on the island of Ireland to join our new Children’s Advisory Team.
- Play a key role in the museum’s development.
- Make a real difference in an important national project.
- Collaborate with young people from all backgrounds in all parts of Ireland.
- No previous experience needed.
- Facilitated by an experienced, fully-vetted team.
- Safeguarding participants a top priority.
- Parent’s consent needed.
We will meet about once a month. Most meetings will be on-line by Zoom (week-ends or after school).
The Museum of Childhood Ireland’s Children’s Advisory team facilitators are: Dr Harry Shier, Precious Benjamin and Alannah O’Sullivan.
There will be occasional face-to-face meetings (maybe twice a year) at the Office of the Children’s Ombudsman in Dublin. The Museum aims to cover travel costs and all additional needs.