Charity number: 20205452
Dia daoibh from all of us here at the Museum of Childhood Ireland, Músaem Óige na hÉireann, Project Group, working in a voluntary capacity to bring you Ireland’s first Island-wide / diaspora / global, social history Museum of Childhood.
With research at its heart, the museum is built on seven pillars: History, Culture, Heritage, Children’s Rights, Education, Diaspora/global, and the voice of the child.
We aim for a small carefully-curated permanent collection, plentiful Handling Collections, and a focus on frequent ‘highlight’ exhibitions at the museum, and travelling / touring exhibitions around Ireland/ abroad. Permanent and Temporary exhibitions will be interactive, engaging and suitable for all age groups. As all of our history around childhood will be researched and presented, special sensitivity will be shown around our global/ difficult childhood history, with different pathways / restricted access in the museum. We are continuing our work on delivery design within and without the museum. How the museum functions within the community is vitally important to us, as is ensuring that the voice of the child is present from Planning through Implementation to Open Museum.
Facebook: The Museum of Childhood Ireland Project
Telephone: +353 87 681 6760
BREAKING NEWS! We’re SO honoured to be shortlisted for #Project2020Together in @kidsinmuseums ‘Best International Digital Activity’ category alongside 5 phenomenal museums: @glucksman, @rijksmuseum, @TheWarholMuseum, @natgallerysg and the @GlazerMuseum
“Meet the museums shortlisted for our #FamilyFriendlyMuseum Award From Home: bit.ly/3hqpUcw 🏆🥳 Congratulations!
It was a tough competition ( over 400 nominations ) and we were blown away by the efforts of museum staff to support families during lockdown.
Museums have created and delivered a huge number of creative, entertaining, and original digital projects during lockdown and offered valuable support to families around the world. The competition was intense, and the shortlisting panel had an extremely difficult job selecting the final 26 museums.
We are delighted to let you know that the Museum of Childhood Ireland has been shortlisted for Project 2020 Together, Le Chéile in the best international digital activity category. The panel thought this activity stood out for the way it put children and young people’s voices front and centre. We liked the international partnerships involved which reflected the global nature of the pandemic. This seemed like a really original project. Congratulations!”
Our Board and Project Group are:
- Ruthanne Baxter, Museum Lead
- Melissa Bonotto, Children’s Rights Lead
- Jessica Boffa, Int Art Curator/coord, p2020
- Dylan Emerick-Brown, Education
- Dr Sarah Anne Buckley, History Lead
- Professor Justyna Deszcz-Tryhubczak, Children’s Rights
- Dr Fiona Donson, Children’s Rights
- Basak Ellibes, Curator
- Dr Catherine Gilliand, Education
- Grace Kelley Fitzgerald, Children’s Lit, Fundraising Lead
- Niamh Flynn, Voice of The Child/Youth
- Dr Matthew Fogarty, Education
- Dr Fiona Hickey, Finance, Board Treasurer
- Esther Ayo James, Education
- Dr Sheila Long, Children’s Rights
- Maggie Masterson, Children’s Lit, Board Secretary
- Majella McAllister, Founder, Board Chairperson
- Dr Richard McElligott, History
- Erin McNulty, Museum
- Dr Cormac Moore, History
- Áine Mulloy, Strategy and Project Management
- Professor Mary O’Dowd, History
- Sinead O’Reilly, Voice of The Child/Youth
- Alannah O’Sullivan, Voice of The Child/Youth
- Victoria Pearson, History
- Gabriela Martinez Sainz, Children’s Rights
- Valentina Salaris, Digital Marketing
- Annika Stendebach, History
- Ekaterina Tikhoniouk, Play Research/ Author, Architecture, Social Media
Click here for biographies of our Board
- Dr Pat Donlon
- Dr Marnie Hay
- Dr Emma O’Toole
- Warren McAllister
We are continuing to expand our Diaspora teams. Wherever you are in the world do please get in touch with us.