Charity number: 20205452
Dia daoibh from all of us at the Museum of Childhood Ireland, Músaem Óige na hÉireann Project Group, working in a voluntary capacity to bring you Ireland’s first Island-wide / diaspora / global, social history Museum of Childhood.
With research at its heart, the museum centres on 7 essential elements: Museum Collection, History, Culture, Heritage, Children’s Rights, Education, , the Voice of the Child /Youth Voices.
We aim for a small carefully-curated permanent collection, plentiful Handling Collections, a focus on frequent ‘highlight’ exhibitions at the museum, and travelling / touring exhibitions around Ireland/ abroad. Permanent and Temporary exhibitions will be interactive, engaging and suitable for all age groups. As all of our history around childhood will be researched and presented, special sensitivity will be shown around our global/ difficult childhood history, with different pathways / restricted access in the museum. We are continuing our work on delivery design within and without the museum. How the museum functions within the community is vitally important to us, as is ensuring that the voice of the child is present from Planning through Implementation to Open Museum.
Facebook: The Museum of Childhood Ireland Project
Telephone: +353 87 681 6760
BREAKING NEWS! We are honoured to be shortlisted from over 400 museums worldwide to the final 6 for #Project2020Together, Le Chéile, in @kidsinmuseums ‘Best International Digital Activity’ category alongside 5 phenomenal museums: The glucksman, the Rijksmuseum, the Warhol Museum, the GlazerMuseum and the National Gallery of Singapore.
“Meet the museums shortlisted for our #FamilyFriendlyMuseum Award From Home: bit.ly/3hqpUcw 🏆🥳 Congratulations!
It was a tough competition ( over 400 nominations ) and we were blown away by the efforts of museum staff to support families during lockdown.
Museums have created and delivered a huge number of creative, entertaining, and original digital projects during lockdown and offered valuable support to families around the world. The competition was intense, and the shortlisting panel had an extremely difficult job selecting the final 26 museums.
We are delighted to let you know that the Museum of Childhood Ireland Project has been shortlisted for Project 2020 Together, Le Chéile in the best international digital activity category. The panel thought this activity stood out for the way it put children and young people’s voices front and centre. We liked the international partnerships involved which reflected the global nature of the pandemic. This seemed like a really original project. Congratulations!”
Our Board and Project Group are:
- Ruthanne Baxter, Museum
- Melissa Bonotto, Children’s Rights Lead
- Dylan Emerick-Brown, Education
- Dr Sarah Anne Buckley, History
- Jennifer Condon, Secretary
- Professor Justyna Deszcz-Tryhubczak, Children’s Rights
- Dr Fiona Donson, Children’s Rights
- Kay Duggan-Walls, Fundraising Lead
- Basak Ellibes, Toy Curator
- Dr Catherine Gilliand, Education
- Freya Feeney, YouthVoices
- Dr Matthew Fogarty, Education Lead
- Yi Ge, Treasurer
- Dr Fiona Hickey, Governance
- Esther Ayo James, Education
- Dr Sheila Long, Children’s Rights
- Majella McAllister, Founder, Chairperson, Youth Voices Lead.
- Dr Richard McElligott, History
- Professor Eileen Murphy, History
- Erin McNulty, Museum
- Dr Cormac Moore, Museum
- Professor Mary O’Dowd, History Lead
- Sinead O’Reilly, Youth Voices
- Alannah O’Sullivan, Youth Voices
- Gabriela Martinez Sainz, Children’s Rights
- Shaheedat Salau, Governance
- Annika Stendebach, History
- Hugh Trayer, Museum
- Ekaterina Tikhoniouk, Social Media
- Assistant coordinator Italy assisting MMcA with P2020,Sara Nosarini
- Fion Gunn, Museum Artist-in-Residence 2021
- Hilary Hei Wai Kwan, Museum Intern
- Maria Delgado Soriano, Museum Intern
For biographies of our Board, Project group and volunteers, click here
Independent accountant to the MCI Project: Doyle Accountants. Email: email@example.com
- Dr Pat Donlon, Ambassador
- Dr Marnie Hay, History
- Warren McAllister, Software
We continue to expand our Diaspora teams. Wherever you are in the world do please get in touch with us: firstname.lastname@example.org
How can you help the voluntary Museum of Childhood Ireland Project?
Our most pressing need is for funding. Please consider donating to support our charity.